Upton’s Event Managers
Meet Upton Barn’s Event Managers and Team
Propietor, Owner & the 1st ever Bride at Upton Barn.
Proprietor, Owner & Uptons very 1st Groomsman
1) First Viewing of Upton Barn & Walled Garden
From your very first viewing of Upton right through to leaving the venue on your wedding night as a newly married couple Upton Barn’s Event Managers are on hand to answer your questions, offer advice and recommendations and generally ensure you enjoy the wedding day of your dreams.
Throughout the planning and preparation of your wedding, we provide as much support as you require. Some couples are happy to do everything themselves and just discuss their plans with us at their Planning Meeting; others may prefer a helping hand and use us to bounce ideas off as they go along. Whatever your preference just know that we’re here to help, your big day is extremely important to us and we all appreciate what a great privilege it is to be a part of your wedding.
If you need your caterer, photographer or other suppliers to see the venue, why not bring them along to one of our open events, that way they can all see the venue together and you know a major part of your planning is all taken care of in one go.
Read more about our open events here
2) The Planning Meeting
Due to the exclusive use we offer at Upton Barn & Walled Garden, once you have booked your wedding we then offer you two further private viewings throughout your planning process and advise that you reserve one of these for your final planning meeting with us approximately 2 to 4 weeks before your big day.
Your final planning meeting is held at Upton with your Event Manager who will be supporting you throughout your planning process and on your wedding day. This is a great opportunity to discuss your plans with them in order for them to gain an understanding of how you would like your day to run.
During this meeting your Event Manager will ask for details of which suppliers you have chosen e.g. florist, photographer, musician etc. They will also establish the running order of your wedding day and get clarity over the timings. They will also confirm an allocated time for you to drop off all of your wedding items the day before your wedding, such as drinks you may be supplying, name place cards, decorations etc.
3) On your Wedding Day
We are at the venue all day, working hard to make sure everything runs smoothly for you. Briefly we’re there to . . .
- Oversee the placement of your venue decorations and meet your suppliers.
- Help your florist and cake supplier find what they need to set up
- Meet and greet your guests as they arrive and invite them into the Walled Garden or Cider Barn
- Liaise with your Registrar
- Discuss timings with your photographer
- Welcome you and your attendants when you arrive
- Discreetly manage and coordinate your ceremony and music
- Set up the tables, chairs and your decorations provided in The Cider Barn for your wedding breakfast in conjunction with your caterers following an indoor ceremony whilst you and your guests enjoy the drinks reception in The Press Bar
- Work closely with your caterer, Best Man, Ushers and MC to ensure your day runs smoothly.
- Provide microphones when it’s time for speeches
- Help your caterers make any changes required to the tables and chairs in The Cider Barn after your wedding breakfast e.g. creating space for a dance floor and clearing the staged area to accommodate your band or DJ.
- Meet your Band/DJ and show them where to set up
- Meet any evening caterers and show them where to set up.
- Remain on hand to help with any requirements from you or your guests throughout the evening.